BARN - Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network [http://bainbridgebarn.org]
Bainbridge Island, WA / Sep '16 – Feb '18
Executive leader responsible for managing all aspects of establishing a unique membership-based, non-profit organization including: Organizational structure; Policies and procedures; Personnel hiring and management; Communication; Scheduling, budgeting, and oversight of the construction of a new 25,000 sq. ft. custom-designed facility for 12 artisan studios/shops.
VP of Design Development
Sr. Producer - GES Entertainment [https://www.ges.com]
Glendale, CA / Jan '07 – Jul '12
Harry Potter the Exhibition - Producer and project team leader for a 15,000 sq. ft. self-guided, globally touring attraction displaying hundreds of authentic film costumes, props & magical creatures from all eight films displayed in elaborate themed environments. In partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, GES created the exhibition whose scenes are inspired by locations from Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, including the Gryffindor™ common room, Hagrid’s hut and the Great Hall. [Responsible for managing all aspects of the project including: creative, technical, staffing and business plus oversight of communication, scheduling and budgeting.
The Canada Pavilion - Co-Producer and project team leader for a 7,500-square-foot, 2-story pavilion showcasing Canadian sports excellence and Canadian heritage at the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The Department of Canadian Heritage hired GES Canada and TBA Global Canada to create a pavilion that would bring visitors together and engage them in fun and educational activities while delivering a strong message about Canada to the rest of the world. [Responsible for managing all aspects of the project including: creative, technical, and business plus oversight of communication, scheduling and budgeting.]
The World Trade Center Marketing Experience - Producer and project team leader responsible for managing all aspects of designing and building a 6,500 square-foot, multi-dimensional marketing experience complete with interactive self-guided tours, animations, models and videos punctuated by a breathtaking view of lower Manhattan. This project was executed by GES in partnership with mOcean. [Responsible for managing all aspects of the project including: creative, technical, and business plus oversight of communication, scheduling and budgeting.]
the hub at ComiCon 2010 - Producer and project team leader for an immersive and interactive experience within a 10,000-square-foot ballroom at Comic-Con 2010 in San Diego, CA to launch “the hub”, a brand new cable network for kids and their families. This event introduced the characters and concepts of the hub’s programming, including Transformers Prime, G.I. Joe Renegades, Fraggle Rock and many others premiering on the network. [Responsible for managing all aspects of the project including: creative, technical, and business plus scheduling and budgeting.]
ITEC Entertainment Corp. [https://www.itec.com]
Orlando, FL / Oct. '99 – Dec '06
Producer for almost a hundred creative design projects and themed attractions domestically and internationally. Created a standardized process by which all ITEC projects are conceived, planned (budget, schedule) and managed. [Responsible for managing all aspects of the project including: creative, technical, and business plus scheduling and budgeting. Design work as required.] Notable projects include:
Walt Disney Entertainment [https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com]
Lake Buena Vista, FL / Oct. '95 - Oct. '99
Producer and project team leader responsible for managing all aspects of the project including: creative, technical, staffing and business plus oversight of communication, scheduling and budgeting.Notable projects include:
- Reflections of Earth (Epcot's night time spectacular)
- Disney's Rock 'n Rockets concert/fireworks spectacular
- Disney’s BoardWalk including The ESPN Club, Atlantic Dance, and the Boardwalk Buskers
- Disney Vacation Club resorts (Hilton Head Island, SC and Vero Beach, FL)
- Downtown Disney: Pleasure Island, West Side BGM, Village Marketplace Christmas
Director of Design & Project Development
ITEC Productions [https://www.itec.com]
Orlando, FL / Oct. '94 - Oct. '95
• Project Producer for projects at the conceptual and schematic design levels.
• Project Management of design/build projects leading concept development, show systems designs, media production, budgets & schedules, facility construction, field supervision, show installation and programming plus operations training.
• Project management, concept development, show designs, media production, & field art direction for Blockbuster Entertainment:
>> Block Party (Albuquerque, NM)
>> Block Party (Indianapolis, IN)
Show Systems Manager
Universal Studios Florida
Orlando, FL / Oct. '89 - Oct. '91
• Created and managed the Show Systems Division of the Ride & Show Department for the maintenance and operation on all show systems park-wide.
• Performed show quality control, project management and systems design for P&D.
MCA Recreation Planning & Development
North Hollywood, CA & Orlando, FL / Oct '88 - Nov '89
Served as liaison between the original eleven Ride & Show Project Teams, their designers and contractors in the areas of design, contracts and installation. Procured all lighting, audio and video equipment for the original eleven Ride/Show attractions:
- Hanna Barbera
- ET's Adventure
- Horror Make-Up
- Alfred Hitchcock
- Back to the Future
- Jaws, the Ride
- Animal Actors
- Post Production: Murder She Wrote
Director of Performing Arts
Spirit Square Center for the Arts [https://www.blumenthalarts.org/visit/spirit-square]
Charlotte, NC / Apr. '85 - Oct. '88
• Programmed over 170 performances in music, theatre and dance by nationally acclaimed touring artists and local talent.
• Created and managed the Performing Arts Department including budgets, schedules, programming and staff for production, box office and house operations.
• Produced and designed major theatrical productions & weekend festivals.
• Served as consultant to the NC Arts Council on performing arts programming.
• Participated in the planning and design of a new 200-seat theatre/rehearsal hall.